History of the Golf Course
The 18-hole University Golf Course, the front nine of which was completed in 1954 with funds contributed by alumni, is a championship course designed by the noted golf architect Robert Trent Jones (Cornell '30). The back nine layout (between Warren Road and Pleasant Grove Road) was the university's first nine holes and has been in use since 1941. Until the University had its own course, Cornell golf matches were played at the Country Club of Ithaca.

The University Course has been the site of several prestigious golf tournaments, including the Eastern Intercollegiate Golf Association Tournament, the New York State High School Championships, the Ivy League Championships, and the 1961 National Junior Championships of the United States Golf Association.

History of the Moakley House
The Moakley House, completed in 1953, is located on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course. Built with funds contributed by alumni, the building honors the late John F. Moakley, who was head track and cross country coach from 1899 through 1949. The Moakley House includes a Memorial Lounge, a Faculty Lounge (gift of Jansen Noyes '10), a snack bar (gift of the Class of 1916), and locker rooms. In the Memorial Lounge, a gift of Ernest Kanzler in honor of his brother, Henry G. Kanzler '13, are pictures of many of the great Cornell athletes, coaches, athletic administrators and advisors.

Pro Shop Hours
April: 8 AM to Closing
May-Sept: 7 AM to Closing
October: 8 AM to Closing

pro shop
weather conditions

golf digest
espn golf

RTJ Golf Course on Facebook
become a fan today